Quote of the Moment

"Beep Industries currently has no openings. This is a good thing. Any number of career paths are better than game development. Lots of jobs are more lucrative and far less work. We hear marketing and animal husbandry are filled with potential."

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Moving on Over

Having given up on doing a blog through IGN, it's time to try on a real blogging service. Since all the cool people (or at least many of my friends) are on this boat, here I am too.

So what should you expect to find here? Since I'm a game developer by trade, expect some amusing industry stories from the various companies I or my friends have worked for, with the company names changed to protect the guilty. Generic references to An Unnamed Game Developer (AUGD) makes everyone happy.

Since I'm a father of two, expect some nauseatingly cute kid stories, or at least some semi-philosophical discussions on why the Doodlebops aren't that annoying, how Spongebob Squarepants is the modern cartoon equivalent of the Three Stooges, and the reasons behind Bob the Builder and Barney being banned shows in my home.

Because I've been an aviation geek with avgas on my brain since before I could walk, expect some aviation posts, or at least cool videos.

Finally, because I'm an avid gamer, a voracious reader, and an anime fan, expect the occasional review of whatever book/game/show/movie I've been playing/reading/watching.